Mr. Tippetts is a founding partner. He was formerly a litigation partner at Pillsbury Winthrop, an international law firm. His practice concentrates on complex commercial, product liability and catastrophic tort litigation.
Mr. Tippetts has trial and litigation experience in Texas’ most hostile venues and throughout the country. As trial counsel, he has represented major corporations in high-exposure jury trials involving automotive safety, elevators/escalators, commercial fraud, business torts, breach of contract, breach of warranty, and insurance. His litigation experience also includes handling disputes in the areas of aviation, fire and explosions, offshore drilling, trade secrets, healthcare, ERISA and employee benefits, toxic exposure, and premises security.
The American Board of Trial Advocates has recognized Mr. Tippetts for superior trial skills and experience. ABOTA membership is by invitation only and follows a rigorous peer-review selection process.
Complementing his product litigation experience, Mr. Tippetts is an inventor who successfully brought his patented home security device to market.
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1991
Leading Articles Editor, The International Lawyer
B.B.A., Finance, University of Texas, Austin, 1987
State Bar of Texas
Pro hac vice admission in numerous states with local counsel sponsorship
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; U.S. District Courts for Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Honors and Recognition
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- “Best Lawyers in America,” Peer-Selected in Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation
- Legal 500: client-recognized for excellence in Product Liability/Mass Tort Defense in Automotive/Transport litigation
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Peer Rated “AV – Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory for “Highest Level of Professional Excellence.”